After the summits, the meetings, and drafting hours, United Neighborhoods for Reform (UNR) sends its resolution out to the neighborhoods. We need all the YES votes we can get from neighborhood associations to show City Council how much Portlanders want development that benefits all. Join the effort by supporting the resolution as a place to start in effecting change, decreasing the loss of unique affordable housing in our neighborhoods, and encouraging more thoughtful, positive development.
What you can do:
• contact neighborhood association leaders to ensure they received the resolution (sent to all neighborhood leaders Nov. 1)
• supply copies of the resolution to leaders and others, if necessary
• encourage attendance at the neighborhood meeting(s) where the resolution will be discussed
• show up at neighborhood meetings and ask your neighborhood association to endorse the resolution
• broadcast your support for the resolution through social media and to contacts citywide
• clear your calendar to help fill City Hall when the resolution is presented in December (3:30 pm Dec. 17)
• display a sign (submit info in form at top right)
If you would like a UNR rep to present the resolution at your next neighborhood meeting, contact Margaret at manaobooks (at sign) gmail.com.