What UNR does, and why
Portland grassroots group United Neighborhoods for Reform seeks to stem the demolition of viable, affordable housing and its replacement with expensive and inefficient large single-family homes. Our demolition/development resolution, developed through significant neighbor outreach, gathered endorsements from 43 neighborhood associations citywide. We also regularly take our message to City Hall, starting in December 2014, continuing in 2015 on Feb. 12, June 3 (UNR presenters start at 51:20), Oct. 14 (UNR at 1:07:35), and Nov. 25 (UNR at 1:05); in 2016 on Feb. 17, Nov. 9 and 16, and Dec. 7; and in 2017 on May 17.
Next up: A whole lotta "engagement theatre" arrives in form of Residential Infill Project open houses
• 5-7 pm Thursday, Oct. 19, Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods, 4815 NE 7th Ave.
• 5-7 pm Monday, Oct. 23, Central Northeast Neighbors, 4415 NE 87th Ave.
• 5-7:30 pm Monday, Oct. 30, Multnomah Arts Center, 7688 SW Capitol Highway
• 5-7:30 pm Thursday, Nov. 2, Kenton Fire House, 8105 N. Brandon
• 5-7:30 pm Tuesday, Nov. 7, Southeast Uplift, 3524 SE Main.
Written comment to: email@example.com and/or City of Portland Bureau of Planning, Attn: RIP, 1900 SW 4th Ave., Suite 7100, Portland, OR 97201.
"The time is always right to do what is right."
—Martin Luther King Jr.